Maria Ximena Senatore
Researcher at CONICET (National Council of Scientific and Technological Research) and Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina. Associate Professor on Cultural Heritage at Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia Austral.
Maria Ximena Senatore is a National Researcher at CONICET (National Council of Scientific and Technological Research), Argentina. Professor on Historical Archaeology and Heritage at the University of Buenos Aires and at the National University of Patagonia Austral. She has a degree in Archaeology (University of Buenos Aires, 1995) and PhD in History (2003, University of Valladolid, Spain). Maria Ximena has been running research projects on the Archaeology of Capitalism Expansion to Antarctica in the 19th century, Materialities of Antarctic History, and Master Narratives, Heritage Conservation and Tourism in Antarctica.
Research projects/ interests
- Historical Archaeology and Material Culture Studies
- Capitalism expansion to Antarctica, whaling and sealing in 19th century
- History of Antarctica and Master Narratives
- Materialities of Antarctic History
- Polar Cultural Heritage
- Antarctic Tourism focused on the History of Exploration
- Museums and uses of cultural heritage
- Use of ship logbooks, historical cartography and, diaries as a data source for Antarctic History Studies
For publications visit: https://conicet.academia.edu/MariaXimenaSenatore
To get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Antarctic History, Archaeology, Material Culture Studies, History of Whaling, Polar Heritage, Museum Studies, Antarctic Tourism.